Sunday 13 July 2014

Featuring: Alice from Form42's summer SKINCARE beauty secrets

'I do not exist to impress the world. I exist to live my life in a way that will make me happy.'





























Since I'm currently located in Hong Kong, Alice has very kindly agreed to give me some help when it comes to how NOT to let my face melt like gelato under the blazing sun! ( I really shouldn't be complaining, the skies have been so blue and beautiful now that summer's here! Typhoon season to follow shortly in about a month's time...) Here are her sweat-proof make-up-stay-put secrets after exploring a fair bit of Asia:

For those of you spending summer in hot and humid climates, here is a list of unbeatable skincare and makeup products to get you though all that heat:




Prep your skin with cleansing and exfoliating:  Eve Lom cleanser is an absolute must.  It’s probably the very first beauty product I have ever owned and I use it to this day. It removes even the most stubborn makeup without stripping or drying out skin. Exfoliate with Ren’s Glycolactic Acid Peel to help your moisturiser work better and your makeup glide on smoother. It works on areas that need it, without damaging your skin like the more abrasive bead exfoliators. 


Moisturise: Even though it’s hot ns humid, your skin still needs moisturiser, otherwise it will work overtime producing extra oil to hydrate your face. I love the Algenist moisturiser, it’s light, it hydrates and it absorbs super fast.




Prime your skin: before putting on makeup. If your moisturiser doesn’t contain SPF, use a primer that does. Chantecaille’s SPF 50 primer is my top pick. And if your moisturiser has SPF, go for Smashbox’s Photo Finish foundation primer. And if you need a retouch throughout the day, use this Chantecaille SPF 50 brush-on powder that lets you top up your SPF as well as take away any extra shine.



To even out your complexion: use a light coverage foundation. You don’t need as much coverage in the summer. I love Diorskin Nude. It’s air-light and it glides on well.

For a healthy glow that really lifts , brush on a tiny bit of blush onto the apples of your cheeks. I love the Nars blush in Orgasm, it’s a shade that looks great on most skin tones, and looks especially natural against pale skin.

For a speedy re-touch: on the go, use the Clean & Clear oil absorbing sheets
These guys are an absolute godsend and a staple in my makeup bag. I take them with me everywhere I go. They soak up just the oil, leaving your makeup untouched.





Alice
xx

2 comments:

  1. Loved our collab. Thanks for this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to the many more to come :)

      Delete